VETERINARY SURGICAL SPECIALISTS
COVID-19 PROTOCOL AS OF OCTOBER 2022
Since the beginning of the pandemic in 2020, we have implemented protocols that have allowed us to see patients and ensure the safety and health of our staff and clients.
Although the threat of COVID is abating, there is still a need to leave certain safety measures in place because of the number of personal interactions we have daily and the confines of our reception space. We have also learned much about efficiency in trying to save us all time in the appointment process. We ask for your continued understanding and cooperation.
WE ARE OPEN WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
- Upon arrival, please park and call 949-936-0055 and check in with our client representative, who will provide information about the patient care process. Please let them know If you or your pet have a health condition that merits concern.
- Limited access to the building will be given at the discretion of the clinician and the nature of your visit.
- We still require our clients to wear a mask (even for vaccinated clients) when entering the building. We greatly appreciate these efforts to keep our team healthy. It is the only way we can safely provide advanced specialty care for your pets.
- Euthanasia appointments will be taken to an exam room where masked family members will be permitted to enter under the direction of a staff member.
- We ask that all paperwork be completed before arrival for all appointments using our online forms, and all necessary email communications.
- Clients who are not escorted to a room or waiting area should wait in their car, or on the benches at the entrance, until the exam is completed. A team member will call you to discuss our veterinarians’ findings, treatment plan, and/or other important information.
- Please rest assured that you will have face time with our doctors regardless of how your visit progresses.
- We request that ill pet parents do not transport pets, and we ask you to please limit the number of people attending appointments.
Lastly, we ask for your continued kindness and patience. As essential workers, our veterinary staff has gone above and beyond during the pandemic to provide outstanding care to all pet patients. It has been especially challenging with an enormous increase in cases, limited staff, and the need for new forms of communication while often providing lifesaving care.
We understand that these evolving protocols can be confusing for pet parents. However, we have found that these modifications are efficient and will help us maintain our high standards of care. The frequency of communication will vary depending on the number of patients under our care, but we will also strive to share timely information and updates.
Our Cleaning Protocols
Our hospital is routinely disinfected with anti-viral cleaners, and per CDC recommendations, we have increased the cleaning frequency and protocols to include all surfaces that people regularly contact. As we know, hand washing hygiene is a necessary activity that we require for all staff and encourage for clients. We provide options for hand cleaning and sanitizers for clients and associates, and we proactively support any team member who may not feel well to stay home. There is a port-a-potty and handwashing station available at the rear of the building, and masked clients can access restrooms in the building with permission.
Thank you again for your flexibility and patience during this time of transition.