Veterinary Orthopedic Surgery
Surgical Services for Cats and Dogs
Orthopedic procedures are one of the most common pet surgeries. It is highly effective in returning a cat or dog’s joints or bones back to their normal state of health. Learn more below about the types of orthopedic surgeries we perform.
What is Orthopedic Surgery?
Treating Your Pet’s Bones, Joints, and More
Veterinary orthopedic surgery deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions related to a pet’s musculoskeletal system — including bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons. They address diseases and abnormalities such as hip dysplasia, elbow joint disease, patellar luxation, orthopedic disease, trauma, injuries, and other congenital or acquired conditions.
Types of Orthopedic Surgery
A Wealth of Options to Help Your Pet
- Cruciate Ligament Disease
○ Extracapsular Stifle Stabilization for CCL Injury
○ Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA)
○ Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
- Diseases of the Hip
○ Femoral Head Osteotomy (FHA)
○ Hip Luxation
○ PENN-Hip Evaluation
○ Total Hip Replacement
- Elbow Dysplasia
○ Proximal Abducting Ulnar Osteotomy (PAUL)
○ Sliding Humeral Osteotomy (SHO)
- Fracture Fixation
○ External Fixators
○ Internal Fixation
- Patella Luxation
○ A luxating patella occurs when the dog patella (kneecap), which normally sits on the groove of the femur (thighbone), shifts out of alignment
- Reconstructive Surgery
○ Correction of Limb Deformities – Circular Fixator
○ Joint Replacement of Elbow and Knee
Animal orthopedic surgery should be performed by an experienced board-certified veterinary surgeon. Learn more about our team’s credentials, expertise, and commitment to excellence.
Our Pet Surgery Process
What Happens During Orthopedic Surgery
Following a comprehensive exam and diagnostics, we will be able to determine the best course of treatment for your pet. We choose the least invasive surgical procedure available, so their recovery can be as swift and pain-free as possible. This means we stay on the leading-edge of new procedures and approaches.
Each pet family receives a personalized plan for their pet’s procedure, pain management, recovery, rehabilitation, medications, and follow up care. Providing the best possible quality of life is always our goal.
Our expert surgical team members are leaders in the field of veterinary orthopedics — and it shows by looking at our patient outcomes and best-in-class care.